Friday 20 September 2013

Gone Brewing.

Welcome friends and fellow denizens of the Internet!  Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been loitering around as much lately so I decided to start this little blog to let you know why.  "But Garret, why does something like that deserve a blog?"  Because, concerned citizen, I have dropped everything and gone to Olds for Beer school!  I am one of the 26 students who have been accepted by Olds College to be a part of their inaugural Brewmaster and Brewer Operations Management Diploma program.  My days are going to be spent learning the ins and outs of brewing while getting to work in a real teaching brewery on campus.

This beautiful shot is right from the Olds College Brewmaster facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OCBrewmaster

To be truthful, classes have already started.  In fact, yesterday was the official opening of the Olds College Brewery which saw the attendance of people from all across the industry and this country.  Maybe you even saw us on the news last night and maybe I am just shamelessly plugging.  At any rate I hope that you will visit me in the future as I talk about the incredible experiences and opportunities that come out of this journey.  Speaking of journeys, we just got back from a trip to watch the hop harvest in Yakima, WA.  As soon as I get my pictures sorted out I'll take you on a tour of a hop farm!
Until then,
Cheers!

3 comments: